Sunday, November 11, 2007

Subway.

Good morning! Happy Sunday!

Exactly one week since we turned the clocks back. Man, I love that time of year.

It was very very weird to be getting up at 7:15 with the sky not even light yet, since we had it so incredibly late this year.

It certainly helps with getting up earlier, though. At least for a little while.

So I'm gonna try to squeeze this in since I have responsibilities at church today and should get there on time. Also, it's better (maybe? will check with Snopes in the near future) to gas up early in the morning when gas is colder, thusly more dense, thusly you get more for what you are paying. Hm.

Anyhoo, had Subway seriously FOUR TIMES this past week. They currently have the 3-footlong-subs-for-$12.99-after-4-pm deal. There is nothing else like that tangy Subway funk!

I like to take advantage of the higher-priced sandwiches when this deal comes around so I tried a couple new ones. They were okay. Here are the ones listed in INCREASING gastronomical goodness order!!!

  1. Chicken and Bacon Ranch - this one was okay. It's strips of chicken, but Subway's bacon is always nearly half raw. I think it gets soggy from sitting in that fridge bin? Anyhoo, this time I had them toast the thing WITH the bacon on top BEFORE putting the cheese on and I ASKED for Swiss but they put shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack or what have you. It did not taste nice with the mustard AND ranch.
  2. Grilled Chicken Breast - this is basically a hash brown-shaped semi-grayish chicken patty. Mmm, appetizing. This one was decent, but for me, nothing much to rave about.
  3. Carne Asada - I liked this one okay, except for ooooooone little piece of stringy muscle-something I had a hard time chewing through. I like this much better than the cheesesteak-y one I had before, BECAUSE I HATE ALL BELL PEPPERS AND ONIONS, EVEN GRILLED.
  4. And now there's a big big big space here between the ones I like okay, and can tolerate, and the ones that I LURVE.
  5. More space.
  6. Big, big -
  7. Space.
  8. Begin!!
  9. Cold Cut Trio - This is my STAPLE. I love it. I think I order it 8 times out of 10. Because I am not allergic to nitrates and nitrites, apparently. And because I am the kind of person who has, and has enjoyed, and can occasionaly be found, ingesting BOLOGNA FOOD PRODUCT. I always get it on the Italian Herbs and Cheese bread and my style is with mayo, obscene amounts of mustard, lettuce, extra tomato, olives, extra extra pickles, oil, vinegar, and black pepper!!! I love it! I love that firm chewy COLD chunk of dense tissue right in the middle!!!
  10. Mah ultimate fav at the moment: Meatball Marinara on Italian Herbs and Cheese. Apparently, the way I like it is a bit weird. I don't care, I find it utterly delicious!!! Meatballs (yummy), minimal sauce, only a little teeny smattering of lettuce, loads of spinach (yay!), loads of olives, cilantro, shredded carrot, oil (maybe - sometimes), vinegar, heavy on the black pepper, and RANCH DRESSING ALL OVER IT. Yes, that is what I like.

I also highly recommend the Honey Oat bread. It is nice for regular-degular sandwiches, like turkeybreast, BLT, etc. It is quite sweet.

Yum, food.

No comments:

Post a Comment