Thursday, September 28, 2006

Europe 2006

Okeydokeys!! Here it is! My firrrrrrrst post about Eurrrrrrrope is finally here. The source of all blogging inspirations!

I'll start out small; this whole thing is a bit more complicated than I had anticipated, but I'm getting familiar with free photo hosting by Yahoo (love it) as well as vid hosting by youtube (whee).

From LA to London, all shiny-faced and bleary-eyed after the uncomfortable night's flight:


I sat with two nice young girls in the waaaaaaay back (like row 73 or something) soooo hot. Grace to my right was half English, entering her senior year in high school or something. Some kinda artsy private prep school in LA? She spends the summers in London/Liverpool visiting her father. Parents are split. Grace had the decided distinction of encouraging me to not move at all when she wanted to leave her window seat and go to the aisle, she actually stepped on the armrests and scampered over us. Haha.

On my left is Saija!! From Finland! Frickin' hilarious, this chick. And yes, those are blondo DREADS. And a pierced upper lip. I think she was 21. She was very friendly and talkative. Very pretty and eye-catching, too, I think. I knew she wasn't American when she first started speaking but for the life of me I couldn't place the accent. So I had to ask (ah, defeat of the ego). She was (finally) on her way home from a year as an au pair to the kids of ... I believe she said he was one of the conductors of the LA Philharmonic Orchestra. Wowee! Apparently they prefer to rotate au pairs every year and whilst shopping for the latest drudge, they wine and dine rather convincingly and do the whole thing. But while lil Saija was in the back of the plane with me, elated at finding STELLA ARTOIS, the entire REST of the family was ... yup, you guessed it, about 80 rows up in FREAKING FIRST CLASS. THE OUTRAGE!!!

:)

THEY had huge leather seats that reclined and a neon bar and a whole upstairs section of the plane with beds for the overnight flight and everything. Hm. I think she was a little bitter about that. She told me she was gonna tell all her friends about this little injustice. She also says the youngest son was nice (probably because he was ... um, young) but the older two girls were wicked, and not in the East Coast/Brit type of wicked way, either. Yeah, I'd totally love to get ragefully cursed out by skanky pre-teens while living in their parents' house. :/

She was happy to go back to Finland. She says she was studying theology as well but I don't think she claimed any particular one personally.

And thus will end my current stream-of-consciousness verbal diarrhea since I need to consult my famous friend Hillary on a better way of posting pictures rather than one. at. a. freaking. time. since that is all that I am currently able to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment