Friday, September 29, 2006

London (Dairy) Air

Ok, so the title doesn't really make sense or have anything to do with anything but I can't get over reading a copy of a note a teacher once received, from a parent complaining about how this teacher shouldn't be teaching kids to sing a song about a "London derriere".

I say, blame the kids!! They ought to be able to hear the difference between the Dairy Air and good ole Danny Boy .

Anyway.

I only took a couple pictures as we came into Heathrow, but I think they turned out pretty decently. Thanks to Lil Grace for pointing out actual landmarks to me since I didn't have a clue!!



Here we have the Thames River and the big ole honkin' London Eye. To the right of the Eye, you can see all the train tracks leading to Waterloo Station, where in 2004 my sister and I took the chunnel to Paris.


Above is the Thames River with Tower bridge to the lower right. I got to see the bridge go up on my very very first day in London with my sister and cousin back in 2004! We also totally just bashed our way into the Alicia Keyes Wimbledon-sponsored? affiliated? concert, and it was pretty cool.

If anybody can point out any other notable landmarks, please do share!

I'm on a posting jag!

No comments:

Post a Comment