Sunday, April 22, 2007

April Is Almost Over!!

Wheeeeew, wushuuuu, what is UP.

Last week was crazy. I still feel jet-lagged. And this is one week later.

MAN! Frikky tikky.

I was runnin' 'round last week like a daggone nappy-headed chicken with its beady-eyed greasola chickenhead done cut off trying to get ready for OPEN HOUSE!

I try not to stress - just to think carefully, and prepare - over these things anymore because SOMEHOW they always get done.

And God bless my dear old ex-Spanish teacher, MS. Murney Blades, because something she said not a few times still rings in my head:

"All work and no play is not the way to go! Your work will EXPAND (or shrink, as it were) to FIT the time you GIVE IT."

Hello, this be my life story.

If cleaning the classroom only GETS 2 hours, then it gets DONE in 2 hours, by golly!

I had a relatively spartan classroom set-up for Open Freaking House (Arrest), but a turnout of 14/20 wasn't too bad!! Somehow I always get through it! Praise Jesus.

So this post is basically a warm-up wind-up. I'm jiggering freaking WIRED from cavorting last week and stressing about being VISIBLY late to work while the PRINCIPAL is on the playground watching me run and hustle to my dang class that got taken in already, and waking up at 3am or 4am every night, and having NO fun whatsoever trying to huck my heavy fat backside outta bed at a time remotely resembling 7am every morning.

Le puke.

But it is officially over! And now I gotta crank out some test prep! And then try to do REPORT CARDS?!?!? again so freaking soon I can't believe it.

And then the year will be over and I have lofty great intentions of deep-cleaning most thorough this tossed-together approximation of a classroom.

Goals. I definitely have goals for my work environment this upcoming year.

I intend to be a force with which to be reckoned!! (Clumsy syntax, in my opinion, but heyyyy, the grammar Nazi/fascist in me refuses to allow any other.)

Next up: pics of New Zealand.

Maybe some vids, if you're lucky. Then again, are other people's videos really usually ALL that interesting? Especially with unintelligible sound? Hmm, dunno.

Don't even REMIND ME about all the stuff from Europe '06 that I still need to post.

Whee.

*huggies and smoochies to all who come here and pay attention to me*

No comments:

Post a Comment