Saturday, May 12, 2007

Apartment pictures!!

Firstly - boohoo. I am not sure these pics give an adequate impression of what it's really like - but at least it's CLEAN!!! It's still totally in a work in progress ... and not nearly enough show homey, but it's comfortable enough, for now. These are the two main rooms that I can manage to keep relatively NEAT ... I didn't quite have time to take pics of the kitchen/ette and living room, yet ... besides, they are a study in squalor. That will have to be for next week!!

The room that I totally love!!! Best bed, best sheets, best bedding, ever!And the rocker was $15. And the ottoman was $6. Still can't get over it. Still, obviously, also, can't get around to putting together the dang armoire. Do you like my shower curtain drapes?? Haven't figured out if I want or need a valance, yet, really. I need to get my storage issues under control! It isn't totally and completely perfect yet (I doubt I will ever get around to putting anything on the walls), but it is a very pleasant start for me!



Simply Shabby Chic bedding, my favorite in the whole entire WORLD!


Also, I love having a matching lamp.


Yay! Bookshelf - from the bathroom line at Target. Random candlestick, picture frame from Goodwill, postcard of Nice, France, and mirror tray and vanity mirror - $3 at the outdoor antique market!


I am such an addict.


Hooray for the $7.50 HELLO KITTY alarm clock!!!


The first pics of the bathroom!! The bathroom, that I love, and that I love cleaning. Boy, do I love having a clean bathroom. And since I am only having to clean up after MYSELF, I dare say it's a lot easier!!!


Simply Shabby Chic Simply Shabby Chic Simply Shabby Chic!


It is a very long and narrow bathroom. Great light, especially in the mornings, as it pierces through the windows and blinds you, even with a valance/shade up. Whoo. Wake up, I say!

From left to right: random Target Christmas vanilla candles! And the little Simply Shabby Chic (Target, of course) floral arrangement that I loved but could only find one of!! The mirror vanity tray on the right was the very very FIRST thing I ever bought at the outdoor antique market. Whee. The seashell was from my mom for Christmas when I was a child. The tissue box was 75% off at a random Target and I am gutted that I cannot find the darn wastebasket that I KNOW I got at the same time! It's probably floating around in this house someplace, hidden. And the white birdcage ... TOTALLY Christmas Conservatory from like, 2005 or something! But I love it and I think it goes with everything so of course I use it.

I also spared all of y'alls and refrained from taking a picture of my TOILET - but that also has a white wire basket above it, also Target, but an older bathroom line, and I LOVE the Simply Shabby Chic saucer/plate shadow boxes that you can see hanging on the wall in the mirror! I've held on to those things for 3 years or something, just waiting to put them up.

Hee.

I think I am obsessively detail-oriented.

Anyway, I LOVE my bathroom.

Also, officially: my bedroom + my bathroom = death by estrogen poisoning!!

Hurrah.

3 comments:

  1. I love it, Meem. Your place looks amazing and inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my DildaryHildary!

    Did you notice how I neglected to post pics of the hideous torrential mess of living room and spastical schizo keechin?

    Your words are kind and take the edge off from my OTHER English friend, who noted his own similar affinity for using "a box" as a nightstand by throwing a vase with flowers on it.

    I just haven't put the armoire together yet! I wanted to wait until I had kind of decided whether I really wanted to stay in this place for the next year or so.

    I think I will. But I will have to figure out what to do if/when I take another 2-month trip to Europe next summer.

    Man, dealing with loads of STUFF. What a pain!!

    Still waiting to see pics of your place too, honeybunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you still need help putting together the armoire?

    i haven't even seen your place yet!!!

    btw.. thanks for the birthday phone call. i hardly check my answering machine at home so i just heard it sometime last week! ha!

    ReplyDelete