Saturday, May 12, 2007

Diaper cakes!!

I have made three, so far. I LOVE making them! But considering the awry disarray that has been my life for most of this past (school) year, I still have dreams and visions of how much more I can do!!

This first one here took me quite a while. It looks like a nursery (both floral and child-related) threw up on it. In my opinion. But it was so fun to decorate!!! This one was done in September.


And here we have diaper cake #2! I admit I was a bit rushed when I put this one together. Luckily I had the ribbon on hand and I think the colors went together nicely. It kept toppling in the car, though, and, unfortunately, the expectant mother thought the platter was a present and unwrapped it. Oops. Sorry, no pressie, just a free UPS Priority Mail box!! I think the diapers have lasted quite a long time, though! I made this one in November.



Yay, my most recent one. Can ya tell how I am losin' steam? It's not on purpose, though, I swear! I forgot and left most of the ribbon that I had originally intended to use at my apartment, when the diapers were here at my parents' house, but I think it turned out okay.

I am now officially out of diapers, though, and am on the hunt for another really good deal! I am hearing about some more friends having babies!

What's up with all these fertile peeps, eh?

2 comments:

  1. I love your diaper cakes! They're so cute! I think your last one looks the best, but your first one is very festive... It's a tough call to make... Although I guess you didn't ask for my opinion, did you? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's cool to see how your diaper cakes have changed as each one gets made...

    ReplyDelete