Saturday, December 01, 2007

Baby quilts!

I've been having some pretty decent luck in the last month with quilts, and this past week or so especially with Classic Winnie!!!! I love Winnie the Pooh - Classic Winnie, especially from Target. I love pale, muted, pastel colors; it's so soothing! So I sort of have a little collection going on just because I like the stuff, but should the ticking time bomb of my dessicating, shuddering, shriveling ovaries *le gasp* suddenly go off, I suppose I could give a great big basket o' goodies to my sister. Who might be married by next year. But we'll see. It was nice to find out that she would choose me as her maid of honor (I was kinda doubting that, yo, since she has SUCH good friends, but then I was pleased as punch! Good thing for her I am also SO creative and generous and at this point VICARIOUS).

Thrift store find!!!!!! Winnie the Pooh crib quilt:

Price: $1.92+ tax

Headboard and crib bumper:


Price: $1.92 for the two.

Earlier this week I ended up getting another of the Pooh quilts for $2.95 just because it was so soft and cute after I washed it. This second one might need a bit of bleaching - can't tell if it's part of the print or not, how weird is that? - but it's always nice to have a spare. Especially a dumpy one that can get messed up. The store also had TWO of the headboard bumpers and another crib bumper, and EACH was $2.95 (this was a different thrift store, not the nice $1.92 one!), but I passed on those.

On eBay these used sets are selling for over $20 before shipping. I've seen some crib sheets and things too, but I'm gonna hold off on getting those for now. Honestly, though, I was thinking - even if I don't use it as a bumper, the fabric would be nice to play around with somehow, with my NEW SEWING MACHINE (that I haven't tried yet ...)!!!

And on eBay!!
Embroidered baby quilt, blue redwork, aka bluework, with pictures of nursery rhymes. Each patch is also outlined in a pink featherstitch. The only damage is a faded spot at the upper right, but I thought the colors and embroidery were so charming!!

Price: $22.75 after shipping.

Vets Stadium find!!!! And you guys wonder why this is so addictive ....

This is also hand-embroidered, appliqued, and hand-quilted. The lady said "Somebody really loved a lot," meaning - old, worn, faded. But that's what drew me to it! The colors are totally faded, and the binding is certainly threadbare, but there's nothing like old, worn, soft, washed cotton! It's so sweet. I also don't generally care for ANYTHING circus-related, such as dang elephants, but I got over it. I wonder if it originally had much brighter colors and faded like this. It looks like it's been bleached before. I don't care, it's supersoft!

Price: Half off of $6 - $3. Whee!!!!

1 comment:

  1. would you believe me if I told you my first born son had that crib set! Yes, way! My second son had a patchwork pastel quilt so I GAVE the pooh one away. Shame on me.
    I love all the shabby chic stuff you've been finding. Living through you because I can't bring pink flowered anything in my house.
    3 boys 1 me and I love love love pastel shabby anything and my boys roll their eyes.
    Great finds.

    ReplyDelete