Saturday, December 22, 2007

Productivity.

Dang, it's 4pm already??? Argh.

Today was the day I was meant to CLEAN! CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN!

It's official - Jenny: (hi there, Jenny at Denny's in Auckland, New Zealand!)

will be coming to stay with me for 3 weeks in January!!! I like hosting people. Whee. Which is why I simply MUST move into a bigger place with a guest bedroom, dagnabbit. Also a storage room.

Because this place is a pigsty!! Look up "compulsive hoarding" in wikipedia and you will get an idea as to the very state of affairs in my now ever-so-humble abode. Grr.

So I have to do something about it.

1. Gonna sweep and clean the front porch because it's disgusting and needs it.

2. Need to clean and organize the bedroom closet so I can put stuff away and tidy the frick up.

3. Something MUST be done about the damn living room. There's like, only a little walkway, and stuff is all piled up! Makes me SAD.

4. Kitchen needs major help and work too. I just have stuff out everywhere. Too much stuff!!

5. Need to clean out the car and put my goods away.

6. I do believe I will take a SIGNIFICANT shopping break for the next week or so, though even MY FATHER (after whom I take quite a lot) asked me today if I was "shopping" when he called me and he also offered to go shopping with me on Christmas Day, though I think he meant the day after Christmas, and I just might take him up on it, if he doesn't have to work. We went shopping together on Black Friday this year, I hope you know. That was nice and fun. He likes buying stuff and collecting stuff as well, and that's probably where I get it from, so as far as he is concerned, it probably does not take much to convince him how WORTHWHILE it can be to go at the right time to the right place to get the right goods for the right price!

So all that needs to get a serious dent put into it and dang I just now remembered I forgot a couple Christmas cards and another letter of recommendation I need to send for a friend so she can work at a hospice (how altruistic and community-minded of her! I don't do productive things like that in my spare time, really) and I also need to wrap the presents I bought for family before I leave to go stay at the parental house for the next 3 days Merry Christmas.

The sun is setting now and it's'a'gonna get chilly and I feel my wilting drive withering already.

This morning was FREEZING COLD and I WORE FOUR LAYERS. There was frost on the car next to mine, frost on the grass of the lawn at the yard sale I hit this morning (only one! I was good! Also, there were not that many since it's only 3 days to Christmas), as well as the roof of another ... um, yard sale that I stayed 1 minute at since I'd forgotten about it - I saw the sign last minute and stopped by.

I did hit a few thrift stores today and it was nice.

The first one I got there a bit before it opened, and dang, people really DO wait outside for it to open! It was a bit of a dud, though I perused, and then picked up, a set of 3 pillowcases that looked prettyish with the flowers and looked like they might match the purple rosey Rachel Ashwell Treasures fitted sheet I got at the same store a few weeks back. So that was pretty much all I saw at that place, and it was a bit disappointing, since how often do I get to arrive as it opens??? But then I thought, well, I might as well check the tags of the pillowcases in case it's something nice AND WHADDYA KNOW, THOSE PILLOWCASES ARE RACHEL ASHWELL TREASURES LINE AS WELL!! I would REALLY like to know who is donating this Rachel Ashwell business, because HONESTLY.

Then I found a few books and that was good.

I hit another thrift store, they had 30% off today as a Christmas special, and I only got a set of votives that will replace the set with one missing from my Halloween candle holder, and I got a white shabby chic-style candlestick missing some pendants, from what it looks like, and the Country Living Cottage Style decorating book in hardcover.

I was all set to head home and hit the weekend farmer's market with my downstairs neighbors, but I stopped by a Goodwill, decided to ask them about the last chance store, since Apron Thrift Girl first mentioned an outlet, and I DID end up driving all the way out there. THEY WERE CLOSED ON WEEKENDS!! But I was able to walk inside and take a look since they were there working. So that was the plan, that I'd take a look at that thing this break since I have time over the holidays. Finding that place was a production, I tell you, because I first tried looking it up in the Yellow Pages that took a long time to be found at this one thrift store, then I drove to the Goodwill, then ended up backtracking to get gas and head onto the freeway to go to the place.

And then I came home and bonded with my computer since I love to do that.

OK, promising myself to sweep and be productive now. Because it will look nice and I will feel proud of myself and then all shall be presentable again sometime in the near future.

I still want to post about my most exceedingly horrible experience at one of these thrift stores about 2 weeks ago. IT. WAS. AGONY.

Oh yeah, and last Sunday I hit Vet's Stadium again and it was brilliant. Hee. Funny story also.

BUT FIRST I MUST ATTEND TO MY BURGEONING PRIORITIES! Ta-ta and hasta la pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment