Friday, January 04, 2008

BITING THE BULLET!

Man, I hate when I'm the forlorn victim of indecision or worse - a bad sense of direction/map reading!

I really need to hone my skills in general SPATIAL REASONING on yahoo maps.

I found a last minute listing for an estate sale literally up the street from where I live but I got the major cross streets all wrong and I missed it, because I WALKED THERE, and got lost. This happened one other time before (reading maps all wonky!!!) but I made a guess that I hadn't gone far enough, and there it was. I think I am very glad I went to that sale, that's where I got great Christmas stuff, but left (boo hoo) some vintage pink glass ornaments that I could have sold.

Oh well.

So I walked over to my landlord's office to check that they got the rent, and ran into my downstairs neighbor! She was just checking out another available place for her parents.

When I came back home I did indeed look up the Craiglist listing and discovered my error, and HAD time to up and go again, but decided not to. I guess I missed out. It was a listing for dad's old stuff, though, and I guess it was cheap, but man, I look around and I have WAY TOO MUCH STUFF. I still need to clean out the entire car, too!! Yikes. How did this happen. I have another post in mind, BUT -

so many fishies are posting about 90% off at Target and I think I want to go, AND, I called the Goodwill outlet and they are actually open until 3, not 2, so I decided to go. I can always clean again tomorrow. BECAUSE THEY ARE NOT OPEN ON WEEKENDS! That is just poop.

So when else will I have the time to wander down so far there????

I will have to clean all the lovely goods out of the back of the car (seriously, it's ridiculous) and then see how I am on gas. Yikes.

But at least I can say I've gone once.

I'm just bummed that I don't have my camera with me to take pictures, since I left it at my parents' place.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Or you could use Google Maps with Street View to easily orient yourself. Plus, you get far better directions and search capabilities (plus their site is way faster)

    ReplyDelete