Wednesday, January 02, 2008

PrettinessThisIsSuchAFantasticProjectAndIdea!!!

I found a wickedly adorable blog that I love the other day.

Did you know there are gorgeous crafty, shabby, country people doing the decorating thing in FINLAND?? Yeah, me neither.

There is white paint everywhere, like, nearly all the walls I see are white, and I figure that must be because they get so little sun they want things to be LIGHT! And guess what. No leopard print anywhere, either.

Also, I totally and completely, fell in love with this post and probably consider it my favorite thing that I've read in a really, really long time.

Here are two of the pics from that post, and seriously, I'm wishing I had little kids just so I could make this.

Firstly, I noticed the blue of the pot - HOW CUTE IS THAT????

The a slew of fabric food, including the freaking fish!!!

Oh gee. It makes me want to DO THINGS. Like, make things.

And it reminds me! Speaking of play food (ooh, I have some little play wooden cherries from the last Target toy sale in August ... wish I'd gotten the adorable little mushrooms, though, I'm a mushroom freak!), in the play room at church they have a little kitchen with food, and the kids are also so cute about "taking orders" and making and serving me food. Cool! Now if they could learn to do the dishes and put stuff back when they are done! But actually, what I mean to say is, some GENIUS came up with the absolutely-madly-frickin'-BRILLIANT idea of putting little velcro dots between the food that comes in parts - the two halves of a tomato, and in between the pieces of the pizza that come in their own pan. Um, I wish the velcro was white, but that's just the anal side of me. The velcro is red and yellow so you can tell which is the soft side and which is the clingy side.

HOWEVER! The stinking neat thing is when you pretend to CUT it, you can actually FEEL the parts separating because of the Velcro, ANd there is that deliciously satisfying scraping splitting sound of of the Velcro. We don't have any knives, but a thick cardboard card from some book or game or something served perfectly well as a wee chopper.

I looked it up to see if there was a proper name for it, but no, Amazon calls it a chopper/scraper.

Ah, little joys. Seriously, people. If you have play food. Try it.

But I guess whoever did it initially probably did it to keep the food together and keep it from all falling apart.

What a LOVELY idea.

In other news, I saw yet another domesticated Finnish blog and have decided my next primary goal in life is to hunt down a gently blue toile'd measuring cup/bowl.

Loving the polka dotted bowl, too, by the way.

Which reminds me (hooray) - Target now has the Chelsea dots procelain dishes as a 16-piece set (4-piece setting for four, with mugs, bowls, salad plates, and dinner plates) for $39.99!! It makes me glad that I bought pretty much everything else and can now get the dots mugs that I skipped out on in the first place.

:)


No comments:

Post a Comment